samba SWAT

adam bozanich adambozanich at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 6 19:02:34 PDT 2002

I just got swat to work fine with xinetd... and the man pages for swat have
instructions for using xinetd.  So i think you should be able to do it.
Here's my relevant part of /etc/xinetd.conf:

service swat
{
    port    = 901
    socket_type     = stream
    wait = no
    user = root
    server  = /usr/sbin/swat
    log_on_failure  += USERID
    disable =  No
}

If you make sure it says exactly this, you should be able to use swat using
the web browser with "http://<ipaddress>:901".  (assuming that you have
swat tcp/901 in /etc/services, and xinetd running)

of course, i'm quite a newbie, so other's probably have some better param's
for this file, but it works... that's the important part for me.

Good Luck
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org