linking problems...

Sam Halliday sam at neutrino.phy.uct.ac.za
Sun May 12 15:00:41 PDT 2002

hi again,

i have been having problems building kde3, it keeps trying to link to the old
qt2 ones, depsite my paths all being correct... i think i have come a little
closer to the cause of the problem, i dont think my qt3 install has been
full, when i run ls on /usr/lib/qt3/lib i get;
libeditor.prl
libeditor.so@
libeditor.so.1@
libeditor.so.1.0@
libeditor.so.1.0.0*
libqnp.prl
libqt-mt.prl
libqt-mt.so@
libqt-mt.so.3@
libqt-mt.so.3.0@
libqt-mt.so.3.0.4*
libqui.prl
libqui.so@
libqui.so.1@
libqui.so.1.0@
libqui.so.1.0.0*
libqxt.prl

most people (i assume) have the libqt.so.3 file also.... mine wasnt built,
and running make all in the qt3 source just says that everything is compiled
as it should be... has anyone else experienced this? and could somebody
please give me a quick 'ls' of their qt3 libs directory? cheers

thanks in advance! im getting ever closer to kde3, yippee!
Sam
--
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you
lack sufficient imagination.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org