Additional questions before I tackle the Enlightenment hint

RoB robert_bracewell at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 14:46:23 PST 2002

I am going to take the plunge and install Enlightenment to my LFS 3.1 system
and see how I get on with it. Then maybe try Fluxbox. I dont think I will go
the whole Gnome or KDE as I dont think my notebook could spare the resources
after reading the long thread on WindowManagers.

I have installed X4.2.0 using the hint for 4.1.0 and things went smoothly.
Well X starts up etc. so I presume its OK.

I have downloaded all the source from enlightement.org and here is where my
question lies before I dive in and mess things up.

The hint makes no reference to Freetype yet this is not listed as an
optional download at Enlightenment. So I presume I have to install it. Do I
simply follow the instructions in the INSTALL file but specify -prefix=/usr?

Do I install Enlightenment as root user to start with?

--
RoB

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org