Partition problem

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Tue Dec 10 02:23:05 PST 2002

Kris van Rens wrote:

> [...]
Yes, I did something like that when a friend accidentally deleted the
windows partition on his dual-boot system. Since it was just the one
partition, I was able to simply reallocate all unallocated space to the
new partition, without worrying about configuration details - it worked
fine.

If you're missing multiple partitions though, it becomes a lot messier,
since you need to know the exact start and end points of each one.
Getting it wrong would probably be a bad thing.

Simon.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org