My Last post before I start Over.

Alex Potter alexp at apcuk.dyndns.org
Mon Aug 19 08:37:49 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Hoover" <jbhoo at charter.net>
To: <blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 8:06 PM
Subject: My Last post before I start Over.

> If you read my other post  New Linux From Scratch: Version 20020816
> boots, But!!
> the kernel boots fine but when it runs init.2.84
> and reads the bootscripts I get.
>        S20mountproc command not found
>        S40 mountfs    "       "
>        S60 setclock   "       "
> and so on down the line.

Sounds as if either:

1.    Did you put the bootscripts in the correct place?
        They *are* in /etc/rc.d/init.d ?

2.    Did you forget to make the scripts executable?
        chmod 755 /etc/rc.d/init.d/*

3.     Do your symlinks actually point to the executable
scripts in /etc/rc.d/init.d ?

If you've done all correctly, and you answer "yes" to #1 and #3 and
"no" to #2, I'm afraid I can't help further.

Regards

Alex Potter

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org