XFree86 without freetype2

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 29 17:56:15 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "J.A. Neitzel" <jan.listbox at belvento.org>
To: <blfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2001 8:29 PM
Subject: Re: XFree86 without freetype2

> Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> > I'm trying to build XFree86 with a dynamicly linked freetype2 library.
>
>         Do you mean without --^^^^ ?
No, with. XFree86 comes with freetype 2.02, I want to use 2.04 which is also
packaged seperately. I managed to build X now with replacing
xc/extras/freetype2 with the updated 2.04 and copying some headers over to
it. Now I don't want to have two of the same packages installed in different
places so I am looking for a way for X to use the allready installed one. I
looked at xc/config/cf/linux.cf and debian has a rule to use a shared
library, but that rule bombs out on me. The reason I wanna do this is that
some X programs link to the X version and others to the standalone version.
I just want one library for all of them! :)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org