Majordomo results: Majordomo mailing list request

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Sep 22 14:40:52 PDT 2001

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 11:28:36PM +0200, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> Hmm. That didn't work either. I'll write an email to
> thw-liste-approval at thw.org

It may not be due to that list. All three emails from that list were from
different people, but they all contain these headers:

        by host1.linuxfromscratch.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 6AB7E13099
        for <lfs-apps at linuxfromscratch.org>; Sat, 22 Sep 2001 11:03:26 -0700 (PDT)

        by mailgate4.cinetic.de (8.11.2/8.11.2/SuSE Linux 8.11.0-0.4) with SMTP id f8MI3OK25489
        for <lfs-apps at linuxfromscratch.org>; Sat, 22 Sep 2001 20:03:24 +0200

It seems to me that it starts at web.de. Perhaps a user over there has it's
forward file or a procmail file or whatever configuration pretty messed up
and messages sent to that user from the thw list are ending up at lfs-apps

If that's the case then there's not much I can do here in regards of
unsubscribing some address. The only thing left is set the list mode to
"subscribers only", but that would get people in some trouble (some are
posting with a different address than they receive it with).

The other possibility is disable the lfs-apps -> blfs-support alias and
make lfs-apps an alias to me personally. If another message arives from thw
I'll make that alias change. I think that's the best and easiest thing to
do right now (until somebody gets back to emails sent to some people
regarding this).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org