ata66 samsung spinpoint HD

jerry jdinardo at ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 14 09:13:14 PDT 2001

> Hi everybody!
> I can't use udma66 with my hard disk!!!
> I have a Samsung SV2044D hard disk. It should support ata66.
> When I compile a 2.4 kernel with the VIA82xx chipset (my mother board one)
> support to enable udma66, I get an error message at boot time saying
> hda:dma_intr : status = 0x51 {DriveReady Seek Complete Error}
> hda:dma_intr : error = 0x84 {DriveStatusError BadCrC}
> and later...
> unable to read partition table

This seems to be quite common with via chipset on socket a mobos. The dma
messages are more warning than error because they are recoverable.

The people on lkml used to say it was caused by bad cable but I get less of
these messages with every new kernel so I think it is the via driver.

The "unable to read partition table" message is probably unrelated.
jpd
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org
and put 'unsubscribe lfs-apps'in the subject header of the message