Get rid of messages from modules

Jan Stifter j.stifter at medres.ch
Fri Sep 7 04:42:58 PDT 2001

Hello,

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001 00:05:55 +0200, Marius Stepien
<marius at linuxgamer.de> wrote:

>On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 23:18:09 +0200
>"Matthias Benkmann" <matthias at winterdrache.de> wrote:
>> You should actually replace 1 with the highest number that still
>> suppresses the messages and set dmesg -n 7  again after the loadprocs so

this works nicely. where is documented, what "7" is? as I understand,
1 are most important messages, and X are least important ones, but
where is X defined? I looked at manpages from dmesg and syslogd, but
this is not defined.

Thanks
jan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org
and put 'unsubscribe lfs-apps'in the subject header of the message