Get rid of messages from modules

Marius Stepien marius at linuxgamer.de
Wed Sep 5 15:05:55 PDT 2001

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 23:18:09 +0200
"Matthias Benkmann" <matthias at winterdrache.de> wrote:
> You should actually replace 1 with the highest number that still
> suppresses the messages and set dmesg -n 7  again after the loadprocs so

> that you don't miss important messages.

Ok, thank you very much !
It worked very good.

I added a "clear" as the first script in runlevel 3 to get a clear screen
where all the runlevel 3 scripts loading modules and deamons show their
status messages, all showing a nice green clean "OK", without disturbing
status messages, thanks to the methode you mentioned above ;)
After that comes another "clear" and linux shows the login prompt with a
nice, color ASCII Pinguin, realized with escape codes via /etc/issue.

I love LFS !!!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
                               (o o)
Marius Stepien          marius at linuxgamer.de         www.linuxgamer.de
                           ICQ: 22511372
Kernel 2.4.9     Hailstorm Linux (Linux From Scratch)        Gnome 1.4
                             \_)  (_/

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org