unsubscribe

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 27 17:16:55 PDT 2001

> BUT - since there are a large number of people out there who expect to
> be able to unsubscribe by posting unsubscribe messages - would it be
> possible to make it work this way?

Possible, yes, but in the past we had some problems with it. Ie: it
seems to do a regex on 'admin' in the subject, so if your subject
contains 'problem with some system admin function' it'll want to
unsubscribe you. I believe this has been fixed already so the listar
version installed now shouldn't be suffering from it, but I just haven't
tested it. Too much testing involved to make sure it's working as we
want it to work.

So instead we'll just have to rely on people reading properly or just be
patient with them when they make a typo.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org