Compiling bash

Bill Davidson harley7 at sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 25 04:21:28 PDT 2001

I'm new to linux and when I found out about Linux from scratch, I thought it
would be a great way to learn a lot about Linux. This is the first time I have
tried it and I got stuck installing bash. I get the following error: "can not
guess host type; you must specify one". I found this error in the FAQ. However
the suggestion did not work. I checked the config.log file and found:
"configure: 727: checking host system type". This does not help either. Any
suggestions would be much appreciated.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org