Glibc compile problem...

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 13 12:25:40 PDT 2001

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 09:17:42PM +0200, Gintautas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Wednesday, June 13, 2001, 7:02:40 PM, you wrote
> FEN> try compiling glibc with --omit-fp option (it gives -O99
> FEN> -fomit-frame-pointer and does not include debugging info)
>
> Same darn thing, hangs on checking for signed size_t type ;-((
> What could possibly be wrong? This can't be related to the parent
> Linux OS (Mandrake 7.2 in my case) -- we are in a chroot'ed
> environment...

Sounds more like gcc than Mandrake.

But, check the configure script, get the code that it uses to test for
size_t and compile it manually and run gcc with with the -v option
added. That way you'll see a lot more output and perhaps you can catch
what's going on.

Have you checked the config.log file? It may contain an error why it's
not continueing with size_t

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org