raw

Adrian Ho lexfiend at usa.net
Sun Jun 10 11:50:21 PDT 2001

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, Simon Perreault wrote:

> On Sunday 10 June 2001 13:32, Adrian Ho wrote:
> > So if what you mean is not what I said, what /do/ you mean?
>
> I thought that you said that glibc was installed with too much stuff,
> and i thought that it wasn't. And I thought that if you want to
> disable profile, just do it yourself.

Which I did, and which I threw up as a suggestion for inclusion in a
future LFS revision.  I figured not building and installing a extra 20MB
library that 99% of LFS users don't even need, at the cost of an extra 17
typed characters, was interesting enough for inclusion...

> Don't wanna spawn yet another big discussion of what should/shouldn't
> be included in the book. I think you know my stance on this issue, I
> am very conservative, and it is rare that I will support adding
> something to the book.

...but I'm obviously deluded, so I'll shut up and go away now.  8-)

Adrian Ho   lexfiend at usa.net

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org