How much space needed WmWare+stuff

Sergey Ostrovsky sostrovsky at snip.net
Fri Jun 8 22:08:18 PDT 2001

Hi there.
I expect my 1 Ghz + 4x_AGP*32MB + 20 Gb ATA 66 + DVD + [bunch of cool gadgets]
notebook to be delivered on Monday.
Therefore I have to decide how to partition these 20 Gb.
I would not install Win* at all, but I like Half-Life & Opposing Force &
Quake & ....
I've heard that WmWare allowes for emulation other OSes, Win* including.
Can I run my favorite killer games from WmWare environment running on the top
of Linux ?
How much space do I need to reserve for WmWare ?
Do guest OSes need to reside in a separate partition to be loaded by WmWare ?
How much space do I need to reserve for Win95 ( for instance )
How about Win ME ( I'm going to have it with that notebook anyway ) ?

Thank you.

Sergey Ostrovsky.
Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org