Hot-swapping IDE drives...

Richard Lightman richard at reika.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 2 10:28:11 PDT 2001

I got some scarey looking messages all over the virtual
consoles while compiling gcc. Everything had locked up
which was a bit embaressing because I was just saying
how stable linux is. The hard disk had slipped out and
pushing it back in place fixed everything.

It looks like the kernel can handle some serious abuse,
but I do not want to repeat the experiment because next
time I may well break something expensive.

Richard

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org