mail set up

Chris F.A. Johnson chris at home.com
Wed Feb 21 22:47:45 PST 2001

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

> Is there a program similar to fetchmail, but which doesn't require an MTA?
>
> I use Pine for sending mail, and it works fine, but it can't (or I can't
> find how to make it) retrieve mail from the POP3 server.
>
> In Xemacs, vm retrieves the mail OK, but won't send it.
>
> Mozilla sends and receives it, but I'd prefer something smaller.

In case anyone's interested, I found one:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/system/mail/pop/get-mail-1.0.tar.gz
There are others in the same directory.

A crontab entry calls a wrapper (my own) which maintains a log file.

	Chris F.A. Johnson	    bq933 at torfree.net
	c.f.a.johnson at home.com	    http://cfaj.freeshell.org
	cfaj at freeshell.org	    http://members.home.net/c.f.a.johnson

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org