mail set up

Chris F.A. Johnson chris at home.com
Tue Feb 13 12:16:15 PST 2001

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Oscar Knapp - soly wrote:

> Hi,
> I would do so,
> I'm using a combination of fetchmail,procmail and postfix and it really
> works pretty good.
> You can include a fetchmail call in your ppp-up script, so everytime
> you connect to your ISP the mail is polled automatically.

Is there a program similar to fetchmail, but which doesn't require an MTA?

I use Pine for sending mail, and it works fine, but it can't (or I can't
find how to make it) retrieve mail from the POP3 server.

In Xemacs, vm retrieves the mail OK, but won't send it.

Mozilla sends and receives it, but I'd prefer something smaller.

	Chris F.A. Johnson	    bq933 at torfree.net
	c.f.a.johnson at home.com	    http://cfaj.freeshell.org
	cfaj at freeshell.org	    http://members.home.net/c.f.a.johnson

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org