Yiihaa!

Björn Lindberg d95-bli at nada.kth.se
Wed Feb 7 03:59:15 PST 2001

Last night I booted my new lfs-system for the first time. I compiled
the kernel, typed reboot.. and everything worked! (Amazing especially
considering that I heavily modified the boot scripts.)

I primarily used the 2.4.3 book, but with the newest versions of all
packages, and some of the patches from 2.4.4. 2.4.0 kernel with
crypt & reiser patches, and glibc 2.2.1.

One annoying thing though, is that on shutdown the software power off
mechanism doesn't work. I thought that the newer kernels did this
automatically if you give the -p to halt. Has anybody got it to work
with a new 2.4.0 kernel?

Björn

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-apps-request at linuxfromscratch.org