Kernel build problems

Erik Ragnerstam erixmail at linux.se
Sat Dec 29 14:49:55 PST 2001

Hello!

I'm trying to recompile the kernel on my LFS system. But strange things
is happening. I copied the new bzImage and System.map file to /boot
after the kernel build. When I reboot the system is halted when
"Starting linux.........." is printed on the screen.
When it happened I rebooted the system and logged on to my slack system.
I replaced the kernel on the LFS system with the last working kernel and
rebooted, the same thing happened. Why?
To get my system working again I use the drive image I had made with
Norton Ghost.

This has happened two times now, what to do?

/Erik

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org