gcc 3.x

Olivier ozhegan at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 29 10:44:19 PST 2001

--- newton at tiscali.no wrote:
> I have not done extensive testing of this system,
> but superficial checks indicate that it works.
> Can anyone suggest what might be wrong with
> such a procedure?  Am I going to run into
> trouble somewhere down the line?

   It depends on the optimization switches you used. I
wouldnt' trust gcc 3.x with switches higher than -O2
or other shake-my-opcodes options to compile
easy-to-crash software such as gcc itself, XFree,
glibc, the kernel, binutils and modutils.

   Olivier.

---
  "Dans cet étrange carnaval
   on a vendu l'homo sapiens