Filesystems

Chris Jensen chris at drspirograph.com
Thu Dec 27 01:25:45 PST 2001

> Will Lilo work ok with Reiser or shall I
> install Grub?

AFAIK, it doesn't matter what the file system is for LILO as it just refers
to the absolute offset of the kernel from the start of the disk.
However I am using reiserfs on some of my partitions, but I'm sticking with
ext2 for my boot partition since it's small and doesn't change much, and
reiserfs requires a larger partition for the journal which isn't really
necissary for /boot since it's rarely changed.

--
Chris Jensen
chris at drspirograph.com

Public Key: http://drspirograph.com/public_key/

Wait: Did you know that there's a direct correlation between the decline of
Spirograph and the rise in gang activity?  Think about it.
- Dr Spirograph (The Simpsons)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org