missing S on keyboard

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Dec 26 02:16:44 PST 2001

Stefano wrote:

> Hello Erika,
>
> Tuesday, December 25, 2001, 6:22:22 PM, you wrote:
>
> EP> [24.12.01 22:49 +0100] Stefano <-- :
>>> On keyboard i don't have the "S" key working....only that key.
>
> EP> Could you please say this a bit more detailed.
>
> In my keyboard the key "S" doesn't work, when i push it nothing
> happens.
> This happens only under Linux, when i run windows the key works
> perfectly.
> At first, i thought was i keyboard failure but it isn't for the reason
> above, i'll be very upset if for this reason i can't install LFS on the
> laptop.
> Stefano

Hello Stefano

Any messages in sys.log about the keyboard.  Start up scripts working and
symbolic links there.

You can try this.  Use vi to make a file, (any rubbish name)

Go into insert-mode, then press control-V.  Like <ESC> <RETURN> echoes then
actual characters that the keyboard sends.

vi will now echo the actual character sent, you can use this to decode
function keys and others.  What do the keys r, s, and t actually send?

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org