Filesystems

Gavin Kelly gavin.kelly2 at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 24 08:51:50 PST 2001

Hi,

I know this may be slightly off topic but an anyone point me in the
direction of some documentation on the various filesystems and how they
differ. I would also like to know how they differ from the M$ FAT
filesystems. In particular I read that the ext2 filesystem doesn't need to
be defragmented (hooray!) and I was wondering why this is.

I have tried searching the web but have not found anything that is really
able to answer my questions.

Thanks

Merry Xmas

Gavin Kelly