dkarpman at telocity.com
Mon Dec 17 18:29:08 PST 2001
This email is with respect to the x11 hint which I followed in part to
set up the X window system.
- it takes a very very long time to compile XFree (make World) 3 hours
- pure X consists of 3 tar.gz source files and only comes with twm
- make install fails when it comes to xclock. I was able to fix it by
adding the line
#include <time.h> to ClockP.h header file that is in programs/xclock
- twm starts up with a huge white square in place of the mouse cursor.
This is fixable
to XF86Config under section "Device"
- twm won't exit when exiting twm. This can be fixed in part by moving
xterm up and
executing twm as the last command at the very end of xinitrc. This way
it exits but the
programs opened from twm are terminated through broken pipes, enabling
option didn't help
- and the biggest nuisance -- no characters show up in twm until I go
back to one of the text
consoles <alt>-F1 (23456) and back alt-F7.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org
and put 'unsubscribe blfs-support' in the subject header of the message
More information about the blfs-support