Syslog won't start on boot

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Dec 16 12:25:50 PST 2001

On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 08:50:08PM +0100, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> Why? init is not supposed to write the boot time record until all boot
> scripts have finished and gettys are not supposed to be started before
> boot scripts have finished, either.

I thought so too but couldn't remember if that was the case. Ok this means
there's a wee lil bug in the scripts here. Going to fix them.

As soon as I have a satisfactory answer on lfs-dev regarding the checkfs
issue I can release the first version of scripts for testing.

btw, if anybody wants to reply to this thread, send it to lfs-dev and
change the subject. We're getting on-topic lfs-dev wise.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org