Procmail question

2sheds at newmail.ru 2sheds at newmail.ru
Sat Dec 15 09:34:39 PST 2001

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 08:11:19PM +0300, 2sheds at newmail.ru wrote:
> :0:
> $MAILDIR/lists/`echo $MATCH | sed -e 's/[\/]/_/g'`
>
> I just like the fact that whenever I subscribe to some maillist, new
> mailbox in my lists dir is created and all messages fall there, not in
> my inbox.
>
> I'll try to set similar rule for X-List, hope it will be delivered to
> proper mailbox.
>
> And thanks for this advice.

Cool, it worked like a charm :)
So, the following .procmailrc rule properly sorts all incoming mail
coming from Listar mailing lists (including *lfs* ones and probably some
others, I'm not too good in mail headers yet). If someone finds it useful,
I would like to tell that those string are coming from excellent Mutt/Procmail
hint pages that I found at [LinuxBrit] server (www.linuxbrit.co.uk). Those
hints help me to sort messages from mailing lists and block out most of spam.
Here it is:

--
Oleg Kourapov | Linux user #245698 http://counter.li.org
Moscow, RU    | LFS user #1212     http://www.linuxfromscratch.org