SB Live! 5.1 distortion trouble

Dan Martins dan-martins at rogers.com
Thu Dec 13 11:49:06 PST 2001

This really isn't too big a deal, just a minorly annoying :p

I finished building a LFS 3.1 system yesterday and started working on
getting all my hardware working. The problem occurs while playing mp3s
in XMMS 1.2.5(I haven't tried any other software or file formats). When
the mixer volumes for 'Vol' and 'Pcm' are set too close to 100% I get
distortion in the music, no matter how low the speakers are set. It was
happening with the emu10k1 module that comes with the 2.4.16 kernel so i
  downloaded and compiled the module from http://opensource.creative.com
and it's still happening.

I've the the mixer settings at 80% for both Vol and Pcm and it seems ok
right now.

Any ideas?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org