Euro sign

Mr R A Mercer ram at nospam.star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Wed Dec 12 11:59:20 PST 2001

Matthias Benkmann wrote:

> But let's just test it. The following line contains a few Euro signs.
> Pegasus mail outputs character 128 and flags the mail as ISO-8859-1 and I
> can see the Euro sign just fine when I receive my own mail (I just tried).
> Who does or does not see the Euro sign and what mailer and terminal do you
> use?
>
> Here are Euro signs: € € € € € € € € € € € € € € € € € € €

I'm seeing them fine in Mozilla-0.9.4 under Mandrake 8.1

Cheers

Adam

PS.But when I go to send the message I get an error stating

" The message you composed contains characters not found in the selected
   Character Coding, so your message may become unreadable after you send
   it.  To send it anyway, click OK.  To return to the Composer window
   where you can a different Character Coding, click Cancel."

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org