Wanted: Sound Guru

Steve Bougerolle steveb at creek-and-cowley.com
Tue Dec 11 15:14:13 PST 2001

> I am running an AMD 750 with 224 MB and an Creative Audio PCI 128
sound
> card.  I have LFS and Redhat 7.2 on two different partitions.  When I
> boot into RH sound works fine and the modules soundcore and es1370 are
> loaded.  Under LFS  I can't get es1370 to load.  There has to be some
> step that I am missing.

You don't say if you're using the kernel modules or ALSA or OSS, but
I'll guess you're just using the normal kernel modules.  If you get
really desperate, try one of the other systems.

Before you get really desperate, hammer through modules.conf and specify
every possible option.  Tinker with them and see if that fixes it.  Some
of the ALSA modules are extremely sensitive to small details in the
parameters; maybe the same is true of the regular modules.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org