Wierd - can't login as root.

Toby Russell tobyhdr at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 11 14:22:07 PST 2001

Hi all,

this is my first post. While the system is working on
all other fronts I do have a problem with logging in.
If I log in at login prompt as a user (root or
otherwise) who has user ID 0, I am rejected. I can
however log in as a normal, non 0 UID user, and later
su into root, so the problem is merely irksom.
However, it is odd and I hate things that don't work.
Has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Toby