Sound problems

James Drabb JDrabb at darden.com
Mon Dec 10 09:44:13 PST 2001

I can get the exact error when I get home.  From what I remember when I
insmod the es1370 module the version info is printed and then I get
something like:
	init_module(): device not found

I don't have those entries in my modules.conf file so I will put them
in.  I looked through a bunch of docs but haven't found any thing that
talked about putting the following alias's in /etc/modules.conf:
	alias sound es1370
	alias sound-slot-0 es1370
	alias sound-service-0-3 es1370
Where could I look for more reading on that?

I did compile PnP support into the kernel.  I know I have /dev/dsp,
/dev/sndstat not 100% sure of /dev/mixer but it should be in there.
If I do:
	cat /dev/sndstat
I get a device not found message as well.
I did a:
	cat /dev/dsp
and got all kinds of unreadable garbage on the screen : )

James Drabb JR
Darden Restaurants
Business Systems
Programmer Analyst
JDrabb at Darden.com <mailto:JDrabb at Darden.com>
AstroDrabb at yahoo.com <mailto:AstroDrabb at yahoo.com>