audio cd's

Wolfgang Kerler wolfgang.kerler at epost.de
Mon Dec 10 01:15:03 PST 2001

Jan Stifter wrote:

> this may be a stupid question: how do I play audio cd's ? my kde 2.2.1
> plays sounds without problems, I just can not mount audio cd's. Do I
> have to recompile my kernel to enable audio cd's or am I missing
> anything?
> thanks & yes, it's an lfs
> jan

I think you just have to use the proper program to play an audio cd! You said
you are using kde 2.2.1, so try typing 'kscd' in a xterm or find this program
somewhere in the K menu. Perhaps you have to make some changes to the default
settings so that kscd can find your cd drive (/dev/hdc, for example), but
that's all you have to do normally. And don't forget to check if your user
account has the correct permissions to access /dev/hd? (the cd drive)! No need
to mount an audio cd.

Wolfgang
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org