Fatal server error: Caught signal 11. Server aborting

Jürgen Nagel JuergenNagel at web.de
Fri Dec 7 10:05:55 PST 2001

Hi all,

after I tried and recompiled X for the tenth time I decided to write to
this list... :-)

No matter what I tried, after every compilation I get the error
mentioned in the header of this mail when I try to fire up X with
startx.
Additionally I got the following more detailed error message:
XIO: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0:0"
after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

I couldn't find a mistake in the XF86Config file and also the
compilation log showed no error.

Does anybody know what could be wrong here?

Juergen

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org