alias

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Sat Dec 1 15:26:29 PST 2001

On 2 Dec 2001, at 0:18, Stefano wrote:

> On Saturday 01 December 2001 22:45, you wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, it means that something went wrong when i installed bash?
> > > should i reinstall it?
> > > Stefano
> >
> > Try the command
> >
> > builtin alias testalias='ls -la'
> >
> > What message do you get?
> > If you get nothing, try to issue the command
> >
> > testalias
> >
> > and see what you get.
> >

> Builtin alias='ls -la' gives me nothing,
> testalias gives me my directory's files list
> Stefano

This means that the alias command in your bash is working. What message do
you get if you type

alias anothertestalias='ls -la'

(i.e. try it without the "builtin" at the beginning) and then

anothertestalias

If you get the same, the everything is fine. I missed the beginning of
this thread. Why do you think your alias command is broken? Did you try to
use aliases in a script? That doesn't work.

MSB

----

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org