[blfs-dev] Gnome-online-account breakage with owncloud plugin

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 26 18:00:19 PST 2018

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 05:30:52PM -0500, Alain Toussaint via blfs-dev wrote:

> It's building in a chroot as it is now and once it's done, I'll report
> back on usability testing & stability but there are some heavyweight in
> the pipeline (LibreOffice & Firefox).
>
> Alain

Firefox isn't _that_ heavy, only 21 SBU on my latest build (although
I did use -j6 to stop it falling back to mostly one core on this
ryzen: past experience showed that here -j6 is actually a little
faster than -j5 or -j4).  But still not sure if that problem only
applies to my sample of 1 ryzens, certainly on intel it seems to use
all cores by default.

But I'll accept that rustc in its dependencies is a heavy build -
but you need it anyway for librsvg.  The patches for libreoffice are
now in patches/ and should apply to the newer version.

And yes, for my "soemwhat full" build of libreoffice (all likely
european languages and dictionaries, except for Valencian catalan
(when I last looked, only ubuntu had that as an available locale in
its patched glibc) I hit 69 SBU so definitely heavy, although the
book's much smaller build should be soemwhat lighter.

Anyway, please report if there is any more breakage from poppler.

ĸen
--
If a man stands before a mirror and sees in it his reflection, what
he sees is not a true reproduction, but a picture of himself when he