[blfs-dev] [lfs-dev] systemd-239 testsuite assumes "/bin/touch"

DJ Lucas blfs-dev at lucasit.com
Sat Nov 17 18:34:49 PST 2018

On 11/17/2018 04:56 PM, Xi Ruoyao via lfs-dev wrote:
> systemd-239 test suite fails in BLFS:
>
>> exec-basic.service: Executing: /bin/touch /tmp/b
>> exec-basic.service: Failed to execute command: No such file or
> directory
>
> We can list `touch` as "a Coreutils programs expected by BLFS packages
> to be in /bin", and move it to /bin in Sect. 6.54 (along with `head`,
> `sleep`, and `nice`), or, mention this issue in BLFS.

Sorry for multiple messages, moving to LFS-Dev.
All of the ones that we have separate should be moved into the section
above. /bin/sleep is used in init-functions (as well as /bin/head and
/bin/nice). As to touch, I'm kind of indifferent (but see below). We've
done it before, but it would be a loaner. We do use the touch builtin in
rc, and could can change that to /bin/touch and just sidestep the issue
completely and lump it in with the others.

Thoughts?

--DJ