[blfs-dev] More breakage from icu_61 (sic)

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 15 10:10:41 PDT 2018

I've just been test-compiling the packages which require Berkeley
DB, one of which is evolution-data-server.  Since that part of gnome
has not yet been updated, I tried the version in the book (3.28.0).
Bang!

GCC made a suggestion about icu_62, so I looked at fedora : nothing,
but they were already using a 3.29 version when they moved to icu
62.  Then I looked in git - the fix was back in April, for icu 61.

commit 4d53769b4b4c2753f4e7d0a956c6876d6792129a
Author: Hussam Al-Tayeb <me at hussam.eu.org>
Date:   Mon Apr 16 13:38:33 2018 +0200

    Bug 795295 - Fails to compile after icu 61.1 upgrade (icu::UnicodeString)

The change is minimal, just a couple of headers.  But I won't fix it
because I'm sure Douglas or DJ will pick up 3.28.5 which of course
includes this fix.

Just commenting to show how long things can remain broken.

ĸen
--
           Entropy not found, thump keyboard to continue