[blfs-dev] alpine

dueffert at uwe-dueffert.de dueffert at uwe-dueffert.de
Sun Dec 10 15:56:56 PST 2017

Hi,

On Tue, 28 Nov 2017, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.mail.pine/FxWD5iqciB8
>
> Thanks for the link.  We can keep alpine but will need to update the url
> if/when it changes.  If you notice a url change, can you please let us know
> here.
Not actually a "url change", but there is still some kind of news.

The situation is mostly unchanged, but clearer statements (than in above
link) about the url in question from the maintainer can be found here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.mail.pine/H3rJt_ZIcQ0
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.mail.pine/aoQxvQV9K2M

This is not ideal, but as it was mentioned in those posts and no
alternative is available so far, I gave it a try and fetched the package
from http://repo.or.cz/alpine.git .

Snapshots are available there and a recent one has the commit log
"New version 2.21.99":
http://repo.or.cz/alpine.git/snapshot/04737118aa1d9ad3db63fb1064267187ae871856.tar.gz

Not extensively tested, but seems to build and run fine for me at first
glance.

Uwe