[blfs-dev] Removing .la files

Tushar Teredesai tushar.teredesai at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 19:40:19 PST 2017

On 2017/12/07 22:40, Ken Moffat wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 04:52:11PM +0530, Tushar Teredesai wrote:
>> In my build scripts, all libtool files are removed before the package is
>> installed into / (I used the staged install a.k.a. DESTDIR approach of
>> package management). Never had any compilation issues.
>>
>> I believe the trick is to never allow the libtool files to be installed into
>> the system in the first place. Try this approach on a fresh install.
>>

> Good to know you are still reading this.
Thanks. I keep track of -dev emails. Hope to be have time some day to be
back. :)
> But do you install
> ImageMagick or mpg123 ?
I did not install mpg123 but for ImageMagick, AFAIR I retained the
libtool files inside /usr/lib/ImageMagick. The scripts only used to
remove the files installed in /usr/lib.

My package manager scripts were backed up anduin. I don't have a copy,
so only going from what I remember.

--
(M) +91-97-40-589142 | +1-832-252-9242
http://www.linkedin.com/in/tusharteredesai