[blfs-dev] Removing .la files

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 7 11:14:40 PST 2017

On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 06:26:24PM +0100, Armin K. wrote:

> I also saw that Ken mentioned mpg123, but there's a configure switch which
> can be used to tell it to use plain ol' .so files.

Now that I'm back on a recent install, I've looked at what mpg123
installed : the only file I had been "preserving" was
output_alsa.la (in /usr/lib/mpg123/) but I see that this build
actually installed output_{alsa,dummy,oss,pulse}.so and its only .la
was /usr/lib/libmpg123.la.

So, it seems to now install correct .so files and that part of my
functions script has become obsolete.  I'll remove it.

Thanks.

ĸen
--
Truth, in front of her huge walk-in wardrobe, selected black leather
boots with stiletto heels for such a barefaced truth.