[blfs-dev] gnome-screenshot

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 07:54:15 PST 2017

Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:
> On Sun, 2017-12-03 at 13:49 -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> I am trying to build gnome-screenshot-3.26.0.  Upstream has converted to
>> meson, but I can't get it to build.  I get:
>>
>> Line 1: FAILED: src/org.gnome.Screenshot.metainfo.xml
>>
>> Line 2: /usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/meson --internal msgfmthelper
>> ../src/org.gnome.Screenshot.metainfo.xml.in
>> src/org.gnome.Screenshot.metainfo.xml xml
>> /tmp/gnome-screenshot/gnome-screenshot-3.26.0/src/../po
>>
>> Line 3: msgfmt: cannot locate ITS rules for
>> ../src/org.gnome.Screenshot.metainfo.xml.in
>> =============
>> I just used 'meson && ninja -j1'
>>
>> The gnome-screenshot-3.22.0 package currently in the book builds fine.
>>
>> I tried getting the git master but it fails as above.
>>
>> The file src/meson.build has the sequence:
>>
>> i18n.merge_file('desktop',
>>                   input: 'org.gnome.Screenshot.metainfo.xml.in',
>>                   output: 'org.gnome.Screenshot.metainfo.xml',
>>                   po_dir: join_paths(meson.current_source_dir(), '../po'),
>>                   install: true,
>>                   install_dir: gnome_screenshot_appdatadir)
>>
>> If I comment that out, the build completes.
>>
>> Any ideas about how to get this to work for the book?

> I have itstool-2.0.2 which is built with python2 and
> gnome-screenshot-3.26.0 builds fine for me. I'm waiting for the next
> version of itstool before I update itstool in my build.

Thanks Wayne.  I tried reverting to itstool-2.0.2 and I still get the same
failure.  It must be something else, but it's good to know that someone
else was able to build it successfully.

I did, and do still, suspect something in my setup.  I can say it's not a
systemd/sysV issue because DJ gets the same error on a systemd build.

   -- Bruce