[blfs-dev] Candidate for removal - guile

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 13:53:31 PST 2017

I am proposing that we remove guile from BLFS.

Packages where it is referenced: gdb, graphviz, gnutls.

In graphviz, it is only used to create optional bindings.
In gdb it is optional and we say that it is currently broken.
In gnutls is is only mentioned as optional.

It takes a long time to build: 9+ SBU.

Removing this package and making the current links external for those
really interested will reduce the overall package maintenance a little and
every little bit helps.

Are there any BLFS users who actually need guile?

   -- Bruce