[blfs-dev] xorg issues

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri May 1 10:10:30 PDT 2015

Armin K. wrote:
> On 1.5.2015 0:50, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> I am slowly working my way though xorg with gcc5.  My intent is to build
>> a relatively minimal installation and then press on to kf5/plasma5.
>>
>> I've got xorg working, but the most recent package updates have changed
>> some messages that I would like to confirm.
>>

>> I did set up an xorg video section to skip the search for nv, vesa, etc
>> drivers.
>>
>> Section "Device"
>>      Identifier  "Nvidia"
>>      Driver      "nouveau"
>>      Option      "AccelMethod" "glamor"
>> EndSection
>>
>> The system works fine with twm, but checking Xorg.0.log, I see
>>

>> [   720.981] (II) glamor: OpenGL accelerated X.org driver based.
>> [   721.131] (II) glamor: EGL version 1.4 (DRI2):
>> [   721.277] (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable
>> [   721.277] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
>> [   721.278] (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized swrast
>> [   721.278] (II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0
>>
>> glxinfo confirms that DRI is working, but I just want to confirm that
>> the 2nd set of messages above are bogus.
>>

> You had a similar issue on your previous build. The solution was not to use
> glamor. It's probably working for Maxwell only atm.

I remember now.  Changing "AccelMethod" to "exa" does the right thing. The only
reason I was using a video section at all was to remove the EE messages for nv,
fbdev, and vesa from the log.  The man page says exa is the default, except for
GMxxx.  I have a GT218 [GeForce 210] which is not documented in the man page.  I
suspect the driver is trying to use glamor as the default for this card.

Using glamor above was not my first trial, but I did forget the previous issue.

Thanks for the reminder.

   -- Bruce