[blfs-dev] KDE Plasma 5 now part of KBLFS

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Tue Jan 27 09:28:36 PST 2015

Hello everyone,

I have finally added all of the KDE Plasma 5 and KDE Frameworks to the
KBLFS book.

The changes will appear online in about 6-7 hours. Besides Plasma 5,
there are also 3 KDE Frameworks 5 based apps, such as Konsole, Kate and
KMix. I plan to add more as soon as they get released, until at least
the KDE Frameworks Applications section is up to par with the KDE 4 section.

I did keep a separate book, with snapshots for packages as in the KDE 4
section, but that's now gone. For those interested, grab the book
snapshot from git and enable them in XML. Snapshots are still in place
for all the apps but the PIM suite as that requires many changes which
I'm not interested in doing just yet.

Big thanks goes to archetech from #lfs-support @ irc.freenode.net for
testing those instructions from time to time and also to William
Harrington for some feedback on that work too. I recommend using the
latest Qt-5.4.0.

Happy building, and as usual, bug reports go directly to me or the
github issue tracker for the kblfs repository.

https://github.com/elkrejzi/BLFS

--
Note: My last name is not Krejzi.