[blfs-dev] MesaLib-10.4.3 make failed for libtool-2.4.2, solution is simple

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Mon Jan 26 12:25:05 PST 2015


On 26-01-2015 15:53, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> On 26-01-2015 14:34, Douglas R. Reno wrote:
>> I dont have an issue with that. I will work on it once I get home tonight.
>> Hopefully it will not take too long.
>>
>> Thanks,
> 
> Just to inform you and other devs, I've committed the first version of
> the Note at revision 15391.
> 
> Back to replying you,  well, the problem happens, I would say, seconds
> after make starts. Actual build takes longer, but depends on the
> machine. In my dev system, with SBU=173s, it takes 1.8 SBU or 5m17.732s,
> with -j4.
> 
> After Bruce's test with x86_64, the instructions may stay as they are,
> but your reply would be much appreciated, adding to our confidence on
> understanding the problem and solution or even, eventually, needing to
> develop a different fix.

We have just removed the note and are now using new instructions with

autoreconf -f -i &&
./configure ...

instead of

./autogen.sh ...

This has been done at revision 15394.

Thus, it seems not necessary anymore your effort, unless you really
wanted doing it for informing us or updating your system. It would add,
as I wrote before, to our confidence.

Anyway, I am (think we all are) much grateful already just for your
volunteering to make the tests and hope to count with you again in the
future!!!

-- 
[]s,
Fernando


More information about the blfs-dev mailing list