[blfs-dev] Grammar, Spelling, and Formatting changes

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 15:05:24 PST 2015

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have spent the last half hour perusing the BLFS book and have discovered
> that there are numerous grammatical, spelling and formatting errors in the
> rendered book. I have some free time and I would like to clean up some of
> the issues. I am not trying to undermine anyone's work on the project,
> instead, I think I can add helpful additions.
>
> Though I am a mathematics major, I feel comfortable using standard US
> English and I feel that I can make changes that will make the book better.
> It may not be technically better, but it will be proofread and edited to
> provide a more readable product.
>
> Some of the issues are due to non-native English speakers/writers
> contributing
> to the book. This is not meant as a ploy to get anyone to discontinue
> working
> on the book or to discredit anyone's work. It is my way of contributing
> something that will make the book better. I have spent hundreds
> (thousands?)
> of hours working on BLFS since 2004 and would like to contribute again.
>
> Please reply if you have concerns with my intentions.

Please by all means, do it.  I think you still have all the permissions
on higgs that you need.

I don't think simple grammar, spelling, etc needs sentries in the
changelog, so that can simplify things.

You may want to avoid packages that are open for the 7.7 release.
Packages in the hold category would be OK.

You don't need to discuss changes in -dev unless you think it necessary.

Welcome back.

   -- Bruce