[blfs-dev] Stunnel-5.10 configure: problem with ld from Binutils-2.24

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Sun Jan 25 13:26:38 PST 2015

On 25-01-2015 17:12, Pierre Labastie wrote:

> Tested on an i686 VM, gcc-4.9.2, binutils-2.25: everything seems OK (program
> installed but not tested).
>
> The interesting (not so actually) story is with x86_64: the test fails silently:
> ---------------------------
> checking if gcc static flag -static works... no
> checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
> --------------------------

I sent the other message, just because it had possibly relevant information.

Thank you so much, Pierre!!!!

I think the ticket can now be closed. I will include the sed:

sed -i '/LDFLAGS.*static_flag/ s/^/#/' configure

for those still using binutils-2.24.

Hope we remember to remove it when the freeze period begins, because I
believe the released book doesn't support previous release (am I correct
on that?)

--
[]s,
Fernando