[blfs-dev] Grammar, Spelling, and Formatting changes

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 25 08:39:26 PST 2015

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 09:07:39PM -0600, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> On 1/24/2015 8:44 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:
> >On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 08:26:36PM -0600, Randy McMurchy wrote:
>
> >  But my main concern is that BLFS is changing so fast - fixing our
> >grammar and formatting will be a continuing struggle (just like the
> >ongoing struggle in kernel comments/documentation between those who
> >can spell and those who cannot), and is likely to impact people who
> >are making other changes - nothing wrong with that in itself, but it
> >would be nice to have an idea of where you will be looking.
>
> I agree that the target is fast changing. However, correcting mistakes
> that one finds as he reads through the book should be encouraged. The
> problem is that if I make changes, you would have to follow -BOOK to
> see them. I'm not sure anyone is willing to do that. It almost seems
> impossible to try and advertise each change I make on -DEV before
> making the change.
>
> I suppose there must be a matter of trust here. And I'm asking the
> community to trust me on this one.

 I certainly don't intend to discourage.  I was unclear if you
intended to commit individual pages, which will only affect someone
who works on that page, or if you planned to commit bigger chunks.

 And I'm not bothered about having to follow -book to see the
changes, we all get that.  I'm more concerned about editors getting
in each other's way.

ĸen