[blfs-dev] Grammar, Spelling, and Formatting changes

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jan 24 18:26:36 PST 2015

Hi All,

I have spent the last half hour perusing the BLFS book and have discovered
that there are numerous grammatical, spelling and formatting errors in the
rendered book. I have some free time and I would like to clean up some of
the issues. I am not trying to undermine anyone's work on the project,
instead, I think I can add helpful additions.

Though I am a mathematics major, I feel comfortable using standard US
English and I feel that I can make changes that will make the book better.
It may not be technically better, but it will be proofread and edited to
provide a more readable product.

Some of the issues are due to non-native English speakers/writers contributing
to the book. This is not meant as a ploy to get anyone to discontinue working
on the book or to discredit anyone's work. It is my way of contributing
something that will make the book better. I have spent hundreds (thousands?)
of hours working on BLFS since 2004 and would like to contribute again.

Please reply if you have concerns with my intentions.

--
Randy